If pro-aborts want to be taken seriously by pro-lifers, here are a few suggestions:
- Don’t personally attack those you are debating. Calling us ignorant, controlling, stupid, etc, will get you nowhere in a hurry.
- Don’t attack our Faith. Screaming at us and telling us to “get your rosaries off our ovaries” does not make a good debate starter. First off, not all pro-lifers are Catholic, and second, some are not religious at all.
- Stop ignoring basic biology. It has been scientifically proven that life begins at conception. Stating that a fertilized egg is not alive is a clear indication that you are indeed ignoring this fact.
- Stop regurgitating pro-abort slogans and propaganda. We’ve heard it all before and we aren’t buying it. Move on please.
- Stop calling us “anti-choice”. We support all kinds of choices: The choice to use birth control The choice to either hold down a job or stay at home with your children. Just because we simply feel that killing a child in the womb is wrong and should be illegal does not mean that we do not support other choices.
I could go on and on, but you get my point.